George Zimmerman files $100 million lawsuit against Trayvon Martin’s family

Written by on December 4, 2019

Untitled Document

Original post from the Daily News

George Zimmerman, acquitted of killing unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin in 2012, is now suing the boy’s family and others for more than $100 million.

The former neighborhood watch volunteer said he was defending himself when he shot the 17-year-old, who was visiting his father in the gated community where Zimmerman lived.

The lawsuit will be filed in Polk County Wednesday, his attorneys told the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

He’s suing on the grounds that the key witness in the prosecution was “a fake witness” who had been coached to testify that she was his girlfriend and that they had been on the phone just before Martin was shot. Neither of these things were the case, the lawsuit alleges, according to the Sun Sentinel.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Current track

Title

Artist